The latest thoughts and advice on home style from our expert designers
Stop Burning Our Trees!
Posted on: 01/12/2011
Please help us persuade the government to stop burning our trees.
Burning wood in electricity only power stations is extremely inefficient, wastes a valuable resource and emits CO2 directly to the atmosphere when it could otherwise be stored.
The UK’s wood resource is limited and many wood using and processing industries relay upon it.
The government’s biomass energy policy encourages through subsidy, the burning of wood from the UK’s limited resource. If left unchecked, existing wood using and processing businesses who are reliant on this resource could be put out of business. The outcome risks valuable jobs and it would drive up the costs to the consumer who ultimately pays more for the subsidy through their electricity bill.
We think it’s wrong to chop down UK trees and burn them in power stations – it emits more CO2 not less, it makes electricity more expensive, it will make wood products more expensive, it will export jobs and manufacturing and we don’t have enough trees!
To lend your voice to the campaign and put pressure on the Government to review their policies sign the petition at the link below.
- Interzum 2013, the world’s biggest trade fair for suppliers to the furniture industry
- New York Fashion Week Shows Off Texture Instead Of Colour
- Totally Locally
- Contemporary Rustic Trends
- How to design a kitchen when you do a lot of entertaining
- Hints & Tips For Planning Small Kitchens
- Best of British
- Stop Burning Our Trees!
- Daval Raises Money for Children in Need
- Our new handle-less range will give you a handle on a designer kitchen